Did some more bleaching tonight.
So BareThreads is back! After what a leave of absence that is way to long for my liking. So my new obsession is tie dye, but with bleach!
1. Get a coloured cotton top
2. Tie it up with wool (make sure it’s tight) there are no rules to how you do it, just get creative!
3. Fill bath with a mixture of water an bleach (warm works best). The stronger the bleach the faster an more severely the bleach will effect the clothes. For a crazy fast an bright look go for just bleach.
4. When you are satisfied with your colour let the bleach out the bath. Use a shower head to wash the bath out and your clothing.
5. Cut off all the wool
6. Wash top again with shower head/washing machine
7. Admire your hard work! An post a pic for us to see! :)
Its safe to say we both love a vintage look and so in our first challenge we are aiming for charity shop chic…
The challenge: make the best item possible from a second hand piece bought for a maximum of £5.
This weekend we are heading to our local charity stores for a little bit of competitive shopping!
There are no limits to creativity – whatever we buy can be cut/dyed/sewn into something completely new.
We will of course keep you posted on our progress.
Time to combine a little bit of vintage combined with some creative magic!
I’m definitely one of those people who hoards clothes….
But I love to make old clothes look new by cutting/bleaching/sewing whatever possible!
I have just re-discovered a pair of old trousers that will be perfect for bleaching.
Bleaching is so simple and gives a great effect really quickly!
Its an easy way to give faded clothes a new lease of life.
I’m planning a tie-dye pattern and will post the results when i’m done!
Here’s the formula…
Easy! Get bleaching!
Barethreads is a joint project by two creative-obsessives. We will be posting anything to do with arts & crafts that we think is interesting – projects, reviews, how tos, as well as giving ourselves craft challenges. Please get in contact with any advice or ideas or just to say hello!
Tweet us: @BareThreads
Email us: email@example.com